Tonight it was the monthly grind that brought new excitement into our lives—this week when we ran into the Grind organizer and asked how we could help as volunteers, he replied, “Oh, great! You guys can help model the wearable art!” and proceeded to introduce us to the wearable art designer from Ketchikan. She sized us up, asked us if we owned any gogo boots, and told us to meet her the next day to try on the hip huggers for size. For some reason, the words “No thanks, actually, I have some self-pride to preserve,” had slipped my mind... too bad. Our fate was set.
So tonight as the Grind commenced, Meg and I stood at the back looking out over the audience of 100 fellow Sitkans, counting how many coworkers and friends we were about to make total fools of ourselves in front of. As one of them put it after the show, they were about to “see a totally different side” of us. Ah yes. So imagine some great disco music in the background, accented with clapping and cheers, and I’ll let the pictures speak for themselves. One important note: the "fabric" is made out of wonder bread bags. It was wonderful to say the least, har har...
4 comments:
love your newest blob backdrop!!! WE LIVE IN SUCH A BEAUTIFUL PLACE, and I hate i missed you and meg all dressed up! thanks for documenting as always with photos, you are an inspiration to all!
my heart is smiling
hahahaha Looove it Eileen- Actually that is good way to reuse plastic bags- maybe i can do that with my flour tortilla wrapings .. : )
I'm not sure what I love more - you guys, or the fact that getting roped into modeling like that is SO something that would happen to a rural Alaskan JV. Send my love to Sitka!
Post a Comment